Thursday, February 16, 2012

We Made It!

Our first week back to reality has been a success at the Diaz homestead.  Elena did great the two days she spent with the babysitter and today she got to stay home with Abuela and just relax!  This short week at school really helped me ease back into the swing of things.  It was really great to get so many hugs and "I'm so glad you're back!" from the kids when I arrived at school on Tuesday.  I forgot how much I missed all of them too.  One of our little kindergarteners told me "Congratulations on you being able to get your baby out, Mrs. Diaz." That was probably the greatest compliment of the day ;)  I'm glad that I have tomorrow off to spend with Elena and we also have Monday off as a family due to President's Day...gotta love the days off as a teacher.  It really is the best job in the world.  Spring break is only a few weeks away...is it bad that I'm already looking forward to it?! I attached some pictures of Elena on her first day at the babysitters, which was also her first Valentine's Day.  She had a special outfit for the day.  Elena also turned 11 weeks old yesterday.  Really?  Eleven weeks already?!  She is getting smarter and stronger by the day.  She talks to Juan and I all the time and she really likes to listen to me sing my ABCs to her...I have no idea why as my voice is absolutely horrendous.  We read LOTS of books everyday and her eyes just light up each time I turn a page.  I hope we have a little reader on our hands. 


Our beautiful Valentine


Punching and kicking! Look at my thumb through my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment