Today was Elena's first Pinto Pacer, a 5K run at my elementary school. We had a beautiful morning to be outdoors with lots of coworkers, friends, neighbors, and runners. Juan even brought Homer along for the second year in a row to be a course marshal at one of the major points during the race. They always do a find job!! We made it back home this afternoon with a crabby and hungry girl. We laid down together for about an hour before she got uncomfortable. I put her in her swing and she is MUCH happier now. Sleeping away soundly...just like she wanted. I thought I might be able to fall back to sleep for a little while, but I couldn't. So, I decided it was a good time to catch up on the blog.
Elena turns 5 months old this Monday...yes, I said it...FIVE MONTHS OLD. Where has the time gone? Juan and I are just cherishing every day with her because we know she is just getting bigger on us by the day. We just love her snuggles, genuine smiles and laughs, and yes, even her cries. She is just the sweetest thing ever. All toys are now going into her mouth for exploration and she is gripping anything she can get her hands on. I don't even have to hold her bottles for her most of the time. It's pretty amazing the progress she is making with each and every week that goes by. Our parents as teachers teacher came by earlier this week to work with Elena and she told us that Elena is making excellent progress. Flipping over from her back to belly is very easy now...basically automatic. We just need to work on getting her to learn how to go from belly to back when she gets frustrated. Elena also likes to stand a lot with my support. I think she just likes the awesome view of her surroundings. I bet it gets kinda boring laying down all the time and looking up. I put her in my body carrier and bring her around the house a lot when I am cleaning up or cooking. She enjoys looking at everything going on...a regular busy body already.
I have put just a few pictures up from over the last few weeks...I am even attempting to attach the video of Elena from several weeks ago of her laughing at Juan ripping paper. Hopefully it will work. If not, I have it on Facebook for you to see if you would like. Love you all and thanks for keeping up with Elena!!
Cereal is GOOD.
Love.
mmmmm...rubber ducky
After my bath...in my mom's old towel from when she was a baby!!
Again...cereal = good.
This was the third try to get her to look at me...then abuelo gets all serious. HA!
Sittin' cute in my new toy!!
Abuela and me.
I am SUPER funny...
...and silly.
Just checkin' out some colors...Mittens wanted to read too.
No comments:
Post a Comment