Saturday, May 19, 2012

Almost there!!

The time has almost come for summer vacation.  Only one day left of school for me on Monday and Juan has to give finals this coming week.  I CANNOT believe how fast this semester has gone by.  When I went back to work in February, I thought time would drag so much since all I was waiting for was summer, summer, summer.  Now that it's here, I realize how fast our time flies and I know summer is going to go by even faster.  I have a feeling Elena and I will fall into a routine quickly and enjoy our special time together this summer.  Juan is looking forward to teaching summer school with his middle school students.  It's going to be a great experience.
I always said that once school was out, Elena was going to sleep in her crib full time.  Since she was born, Juan and I have had her pack n play set up next to my side of the bed.  It has just been so easy having her right there for the middle of the night feedings.  Now that summer vacation is close, I have been thinking about getting her crib all ready for her to "move in".  As of now, it's full of stuffed animals, blankets, and other soft things to play with.  Very soon, I'll be moving all of those things out to get Elena used to sleeping in her crib.  I honestly don't think she's going to have much of a problem sleeping in there since she falls asleep with no problem for now.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but here's to hoping!  She still gets up to eat one time in the middle of the night and then doesn't usually wake up until around 6am.  I'M the one who will have to get used to getting up and walking to her room to feed her in the middle of the night if she gets hungry.  I'm hoping that these middle of the night feedings start to dwindle soon, though.  We should be starting on more solid baby foods very soon.  Elena is just one great eater.  She LOVES her cereal and takes a 6 oz bottle like a champ.  I think the cereal before bed helps her sustain her hunger longer through the night.  We shall see how other baby foods help with this too.
Elena goes back to the doctor in 2 weeks for her dermatologist check on her birthmark on the back of her thigh.  It is just a small strawberry, about the size of a nickel, but it is raised a little bit and the doctor just wants to have a specialist look at it to make sure it's not growing or something we need to be concerned about. Elena will see her pediatrician for her 6 month...yes, 6 month check up the first week of June. More shots...but I'm not worried...she takes those like a champ too...she's one strong girl!!
The pictures below are from the last few weeks...and my first Mother's Day!  What a special day that was.  I enjoyed some quality time with Juan and Elena that day and went out to lunch with Juan's mom, dad, and sister. I can't wait to get some good use out of my Mother's Day gift...a Dyson vacuum!!  Don't hate on it...It's EXACTLY what I wanted!!  I love to vacuum...just ask Juan. I also got some great cards and daisies from Juan.  All in all, it was one of the best days. I feel so honored to be a mother now.  It truly is one of the most amazing jobs in the world.
















No comments:

Post a Comment