On Friday night, we went to watch the Hickman High School homecoming football game! It was, again, our first one as a family and it was a great time. Juan saw lots of people he knew, of course, and we got to show off our beautiful baby girl. Last year, I remember being at Hickman watching the Homecoming game and I had a HUGE belly full of baby girl :) What a memory to bring her back this year and cheer on the Kewpies! Elena was a trooper and we stayed at the game until about 8pm...we came home and put her straight to bed...it took her a bit to fall asleep (cried A LOT since she was SO tired), but once she did fall asleep, she slept great until about 6:30 the next morning.
Elena has also been eating a lot more foods lately that she has to chew. We have tried some lasagna, which she is liking a lot, hot dogs, cheese, and bread! As long as everything is in itty bitty pieces, she will chew on it for awhile instead of spitting it out. Elena is also starting to show us which foods she does not like. Up until now, she has really liked anything we feed her. But, in the last few weeks, she has started gagging a lot when it comes to foods she doesn't like. Usually, it's baby food that has meat in it, so we have been stirring in extra veggies that she likes to help with the taste. I have continued to make home made pears and peas as often as I can, and Juan's mom makes Elena's sweet potatoes and carrots. Elena REALLY loves abuela's home made fruit she makes. Even Juan and I have stolen a bite or two because it is SO good. We all love applesauce in this house and that is what the home made mixed fruit is like, only way better!
Elena is starting to develop a very strong personality...she is the sweetest thing in the world, but boy can she be loud! We even had to leave church early this morning because she wouldn't behave herself! I guess we are in that phase where Juan and I will have to take turns going to church for awhile without baby girl. She just screams and yells when she's playing with a toy or wants to get on the floor and play. Obviously, we won't have that in church ;) Elena and I also made a quick stop at Walmart this afternoon for some last minute groceries and I let her sit up in the cart for the first time and she LOVED it! She smiled and laughed the whole time we were walking around the store. I need to get a shopping cart cover because all I kept thinking was how many germs were all over the cart, but we had fun anyway.
Guess it's time for another week for us all! Here's to a good one!
Finally got some 10 month pictures of E...
OMG, I HATE this, mommy!
I like to climb on the dishwasher now.
No comments:
Post a Comment