Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Baby Girl Sick Day!
Elena and I stayed home today because she is running a fever. Yesterday in the morning, she woke up with a bit of a runny nose and cough. It happened overnight, it seems. So, we took Elena to daycare yesterday hoping it wouldn't turn into anything too crazy. Well, as luck would have it, I got a text at around 1pm that Elena had a fever. Juan was able to go pick her up early and bring her home so she could rest. He brought her home and put her to bed almost right away and she slept until almost 5pm...I guess all she needed was her own bed, huh? I suppose that is all any of us want when we are sick. Elena was SUPER crabby when she woke up and wanted nothing but to be held. She had a few drinks of her milk and some juice, which was great. We decided maybe she was hungry for some dinner and she did eat, but right as we were getting ready to get up from having some dinner, she just looked at me a little strangely and all of her dinner came right back up. I felt so badly for our little nugget. She just started crying because she was a mess and I'm sure it didn't feel all that great either. We immediately took her to the tub, where she proceeded to cry the entire time as well...this little girl is obviously not feeling well because usually the tub is one of her favorite places to hang out! So, we made it a quick one. We got all ready for bed, had another drink of milk, took some fever medicine, and just laid down. Elena fell asleep very quickly last night and slept through the night until almost 7 this morning. I felt so much better knowing I didn't have to wake her up; I could just let her wake up on her own today. She was still running a low grade fever this morning...right around 100. She was still crabby and her nose just won't stop running! But, we have read a few books, played a few toys, and that's it. I laid E back down for a nap again around 8:30 and she is still sleeping now, about 10:00. My hope is that she will rest as much as possible today so that whatever is keeping her down will go away. I must admit, while I have a TON of work to do at school, it feels kind of nice to be home on a random Tuesday. I got a pot roast in the crock pot going and I made home made fruit snacks too. I can't wait to see how everything turns out later on today. We have also been loving the warm weather, windows open a bit, and thunderstorms here and there throughout the morning. It's been a great morning to be home. I am excited for E to wake up again so I can check on how she's feeling...I have been checking on her so much since she went down for a nap. Say a prayer for our little girl that she can get better soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment