Sunday, August 25, 2013

More summer fun...

Summer's not over yet!!  Even though school may have started and Elena is back to the babysitter's everyday, we are still enjoying every bit of this warm weather.  Elena has been getting in her pool almost every night after dinner and we spent most of yesterday afternoon in the pool, too.  Seriously, who would have thought that a little blow up baby pool could be so much fun.  But, it's helping me stay cool while working on a tan still, so it's perfect!  Since the last post, we've been a busy family.  From Star Wars night at Busch Stadium earlier this month to the birth of Elena's new cousin, Blake, we have been doing a lot of traveling and living day by day these last few weeks.  I think this week will start to feel a little more "routined".  I am already looking forward to a long Labor Day weekend to enjoy the last bit of real summer we have left.  What an amazing season summer is...how is it not everyone's most favorite season of the year, too?!  I know, I'm weird for loving the sticky, hot summer sun, but with a cold drink and water nearby, there's no better recipe for a great afternoon!!!
Elena's been growing up before our very eyes.  This week she turns 21 months old.  We are getting closer and closer to that 2 years old mark and Juan and I can't believe it.  This time has seriously flow by and I know it's just going to continue to go faster with each year that passes.  Elena is talking up a storm and she understands almost everything we talk about or ask her to do.  She knows almost 20 letters of the alphabet, not consistently, but most of the time.  She is getting so smart! She loves to read books, especially before bed at night.  She is still sleeping like a champ.  E goes to bed now between 7:30 and 8 and she sleeps until between 6:30 and 7am...over the summer when we weren't on a schedule, she would sleep sometimes until closer to 8!!  Those were Juan and I's most favorite days!
On another note, that attitude of hers is out of control at times, but with a time out, she gets back to her sweet self again ;)  Elena has started with the "throwing herself on the ground because I'm mad" tantrums here at home.  It will be so wonderful when she does that out in public at some point...insert sarcasm there...
So, with life getting back to reality, we venture into the last week of August into September awaiting the beautiful fall up ahead....more pictures to come!  Happy end of summer, all!!

 Our visit to see Grandpa!! Love.



Star Wars Night at Busch Stadium...it was awesome!!!












Just more summer fun...
 Pigtails...those lasted about a minute.
 This is what she does while we make dinner.
 Sitting with grandpa while waiting to see Baby Blake for the first time!
 I'm an AUNT!!  Love you Blake!!
 Sisters and Blake
 Grandma and Blake
 Uncle Juan and Blake
 Fun with grandma while visiting "Ernie" at the hospital
 Morning talks with grandpa
 Love

 Abuelo and Elena
 Enjoying the afternoon!!


She's smiling!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment