Monday, February 17, 2014

Just being 2!!

It's President's Day!  That means we got a free day off school!!  Not that we really needed it or anything with all the snow days we've had this month, but nonetheless, it's been a great, relaxing day at home.  These past two weeks since our snow days have been very busy...I don't feel like I've been home much at all!  Last Monday, I turned 33 years old...YIKES.  I SO don't feel 33.  I also had parent-teacher conferences that evening, so it was a very long and tiring day...I suppose I DID feel 33 by the time I got home that night.  Twelve hour days just aren't for me, that's for sure!!  Knowing I had to do another twelve hour day on Thursday, too, was kind of torture!  The light at the end of the tunnel was a day off on Friday for the two nights of work.  So, now that we are at President's Day, I'm feeling refreshed and ready for the week ahead. 

Elena's had a great couple of weeks as well.  Juan and I bought her a fish and she named him "Fish."  She absolutely loves it and just likes to sit and stare at it.  We have to keep the fish up high most days just to be sure our cat, Mittens, doesn't get to him!!  Elena got lots of little gifts for Valentine's Day and enjoyed all the goodies like cotton candy, fruit snacks, and chocolates.  Of course, Elena likes to eat these treats, but try to get her to eat normal food is still a challenge.  We were so proud of her yesterday for eating a peanut butter sandwich, some chips, a squeeze fruit (basically applesauce that she squeezes out of a pouch), and water at lunch.  It was a good food day ;)


Being silly with "Fish"



 Making a pizza with "Aunt Shell" for PawPaw's 60th birthday

 Valentine's Day crown from Daddy



 Valentine's Day cheese pizza...mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment