Once Summer Expeditions was over, we were onto Independence Day! We spent the holiday in St. Louis with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and some of my most favorite neighbors in the whole world, the Reinagels. Elena enjoyed doing a few sparklers and "pop pops" to celebrate once the sun went down. It was a relaxing time, which was nice coming off from a very busy month of teaching summer school. Since then, poor Juan had jury duty, but has managed to get in a few rounds of golf here and there with a good buddy of his. We have made it out to fish at a friend's house and even snuck in a youth baseball game in which we were introduced to the most wonderful drink in concession stand world...Gatordew...all I can say is YUM. Among the fun, I have had a few school inservices to attend, but it was nice to catch up with teacher friends during the days at school. We have definitely not been bored these last few weeks since summer school let out...this week should be a bit more relaxing :)
Elena is still growing up before our very eyes and Juan and I continue to be in awe everyday. She gets smarter and smarter. The things that she says and does are remarkable. We love to just sit back and watch her play. The best is when she's playing with a doll and the doll is bad and Elena puts her in time out...Elena says things Juan and I say when Elena is in trouble and spending a few moments in time out as well...it's very comical to watch Elena. She even puts her stuffed animals to bed, covers them up, gives them a binkie, and "shushes" them to sleep just like a mommy would. So.dang.cute. Our primary struggle still remains with Elena and that's the whole eating thing. She doesn't like it. Very picky and only wants certain things...my mom says I was the exact same way. So, I won't fret too much because I turned out alright, I suppose! Elena does love her "squeeze fruits", hard boiled egg whites, peanuts, greek yogurt, noodles, mac n cheese, pizza, crackers, milk, water, and her beloved fruit snacks (which she calls "Georges" because the very first fruit snack she ever ate was a Curious George fruit snack and that name has just stuck). There isn't much else beyond that she likes. Oh yes...I almost forgot...she will eat a scrambled egg, hashbrowns, and home made biscuits...we do "brinner" a lot because we know she'll eat well. She appears to be thriving, though, so we won't worry too much. She's full of love and energy, so we are going to keep going and just hope she eats more as time goes on.
Her favorite show right now is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood on PBS...I find myself walking around the house humming songs from that show...YIKES. Elena loves to watch her PBS Kids shows on my Ipad...I would say that's probably one of her most favorite things to do. She has gotten into Legos as well. We build the same princess castles daily...she has a blast and is getting good at getting the pieces where they need to go.
So, like I said, E is just growing up...she says things she shouldn't already, gets in trouble, falls down and skins her knees, yells, screams, smiles, laughs, hugs, kisses, prays, sings, and so much more...this whole parenting thing has been so utterly beautiful...what an amazing part of life to experience...
Cupcakes ARE a food she eats...lol
Naps after a birthday party are a must.
Elena and her friend Olivia
Visiting momma's school
Mom and dad having a good time
Summer Expeditions trip to Mizzou
Elena and Jon watching some baseball
Enjoying the fountain downtown Columbia
Pro.
Getting her tan on.
I was not allowed at the stove during this time...she was cooking letters. (No, the stove was not on) ;)
Elena put Elmo down for his nap.
Potty training is officially over...we retired our sticker chart.
Enjoying a tea party with Papa.
Uncle Ross is SO silly.
Mmmmm.we are serious about ice cream.
Sparklers!
Mama was ready for a picture...Elena was not...lol
Another tea party with Uncle Ross...look at that morning hair Elena has going on!
Tired on the drive home
Mining for rocks in Kansas City!
Feeding the goats...she laughed the whole time!!
Legoland!
Even daddy got in some lego time.
Baby Blake kisses...love him so much!
Cousins
No comments:
Post a Comment