I was driving to school earlier this week and thinking to myself that
I hadn't written anything on the Diaz family since before school
started. When I logged on to see where we last left off, I realized it
had been WAY longer since I had caught up. Summer quickly ended and
fall is quickly passing by! I am in love with fall this year. I am
always a lover of summer time...there is honestly no better time of year
for me. However, I have a completely different mind set this school
year as I feel like I am taking more time to "stop and smell the
roses." I'm noticing the little things. The leaves changing colors and
how that sparks conversation with kids (including my own) almost
daily. The sound of crunching leaves as Elena runs through them while
playing at the park makes my heart happy. The cool air that wakes me up
in the mornings reminding me that God has given me another day to do
awesome things in this world. I could also never forget the bonding
between my husband and I every week as we enjoy football Sundays with
the windows open and Fantasy Football stat tracker up so we can watch
his team cruise to first place. I mean, really, what a beautiful time
fall is. The smells of s'mores, pumpkin, hot chocolate, fresh air, and
crockpot meals are hard to beat. I am one lucky girl to have a family
both near and far to enjoy the routine of daily life. There is not a
day that goes by that I don't get a message or text from at least one
person in my family and for that I will be forever grateful. As we
continue to enter into the holidays this year, I feel more at peace than
I ever have before because I feel like now that I'm getting older, the
"things" people really need are not things at all...it's just the love
and company of one another. Even if it's for a short time, the smell,
taste, and touch of family and friends can't be beat. My family of three
continues to be blessed as you will see in the pictures below
summarizing the end of summer and beginning of fall for us. Happy Fall, All!! (Although looking back at these beach pictures, it REALLY makes me miss the sand between my toes!!)
Ready for the flight to Anna Maria Island!
IPad time with Aunt Shell
George Washington hair...a pool tradition
Dad being, well, dad.
Cousins
Sea turtles hatched on the beach!
A weekend with Abuela, Abuelo, and Tia Oly!
We made it through the corn maze!
Corn maze selfie
Playing in the corn is so much fun!
Playing outside will wear you out!
No comments:
Post a Comment