Well, the Diaz family made it through the first full week back to work last week...I don't have time to upload pictures now, but will hopefully find a second sometime later this week! Elena is starting to get back into her routine at the babysitter's house and mom and dad are getting back into school routines as well. Elena had some good days and tougher days with her nap schedule and being crabby, but by the end of the week, she was doing well. We hope this week she is her sweet self all day for Brenda!! It was a great week back, but SO tiring. I truly forget each year how tired you get after a full day taking care of kids. But, there is no way I would trade my job for anything else. I mean, seriously, getting to read with kids all day long and be outside on gorgeous days watching them play...and get paid for it? Keep me signed up...
Elena continues to grow faster and faster. She LOVES to crawl into the kitchen and open cabinets...we got latches for those today :) She can pull herself up on our bookshelf and pick out books she likes...yesterday it was Harry Potter...she is obviously an advanced reader. Elena is eating a variety of foods...including chicken soup, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies, and lots of different kinds of fruits. Juan's mom continues to make such great homemade food for Elena and then grinding it all up for her to eat. What a treat for her to have homemade food at almost every meal! Elena is saying lots of sounds and getting close to an official "mama" sound. Right now she is doing a lot of "gaga" and "ba" sounds, but every now and then we will get a "mama"...when we do we make sure to point to me in excitement! Now to work on "dada"...
My mom was able to come out to watch Elena on Friday and I know Elena was happy to be able to stay home for the day to play with one of her grandmas! They went out for walks, read lots of books, and played. I know it was a great day for both. I'm so excited that my mom and Juan's mom are able to come when they can to watch Elena and get some extra baby time in...it's also awesome because that means we can be kind of lazy on those mornings not having to get Elena ready to go anywhere.
We are on our way to our first full week of school with kids, meetings, etc...Here's to a great 2012-2013 school year for our family! Pictures to come soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment