Elena has also been doing much better since she was sick a little over a week ago. It turns out that Elena had roseola. She came down with the high fever for a few days and then over last weekend, she developed a rash on her belly, back, and neck. It did not spread anywhere else. She was a little irritated by it on her neck, but never showed signs anywhere else. It has gone away now, but the doctor's office said that the rash can come and go for a few weeks. As long as we don't get a fever again, all is OK.
Elena has also taken her first official steps. She has been trying for awhile now, but she is getting more daring with her attempts. So proud of her! I have a blurry video below, but will try to get another good one in the coming week(s). But, for now, you can clearly see those legs moving and how excited she is...and so is everyone else in the video. Elena is still eating all of her fruits and vegetables and loves all the homemade food her abuela makes for her...from chicken noodle soup puree to mixed fruit, Elena loves it all. She has not shown a lot of interest in eating solid foods that she has to chew. We have given her small pieces of bananas, crackers, noodles, and bread, but she doesn't want any of them. One food she does love is shredded cheese. I can mash a small ball of it together and she gobbles it up...feeds herself and all! Hopefully she will start to try more solids soon.
Other than our newest milestone of walking a few steps, Elena is just enjoying her "everyday life". Waking up around 6:30-7:00 each morning, heading to the babysitters for a day of fun with her friends, and then back home for some dinner and playtime with mom and dad is about the extent of her day. She loves taking her baths before bed each night and we just splash, read her bath books, and play with toys for awhile. Our little baby is growing up on us so very fast. It almost makes me tear up just thinking about the fact that she is going to be one year old in exactly two months and it makes me miss our itty bitty baby so much!! I guess when it's your first child, you are in survival mode so much of the time that you forget to slow down and just realize that you're doing fine. I just thank God everyday for our healthy little miracle that is Elena and how she brings so much joy into so many people's lives already...and she can't even talk yet!! (Well, besides the regular dadada or mamama) I find myself reminiscing so much lately about what it was like one year ago...my big belly getting in the way of everything...getting the stares at the stores...and people already telling me that there was no way I was going to make it to Elena's due date of 11/29/11...What a difference a year makes. I love nothing more than being a wife and mother. They truly are the best jobs on earth that you don't have to be paid for to do your best...even when you don't think you are. Happy 10 months to our baby girl...can't wait for all the celebrations to come!!
I just woke up...catching up on a little Super Why!
Don't hate...
This is what I do to toilet paper now when mom's not looking...
Playing with the screen with daddy!
I'm gonna eat your glasses, Dada!!
It's very blurry...we couldn't get the camera to focus quick enough...but you can see her taking steps!!
We tried to take a 10 month photo today, but this is what happened...maybe later this week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment