Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our First Fever...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here for a Diaz update!  We have been so busy over the last couple of weeks and I usually have to have a good chunk of time to sit here at the computer to get pictures uploaded and message typed.  I LOVE to sit here and blog, but time sure does get away from me each day.  It seems like I wake up at 5:15, get the day going, and before I know it, it's 9:30 at night and I've gotta start thinking about going to bed!  I would not trade this life of motherhood for anything, though.  Being able to come home everyday to such a beautiful baby and wonderful husband makes each day a blessing.
Unfortunately, being a mama means taking care of a sick baby at times and the time has officially come that Elena has her first fever.  I got a text from her babysitter late this afternoon that Elena was running a temperature.  Elena hasn't had any cold symptoms, so we are thinking, for now, that her fever is related to teething again.  When Elena got her first two teeth, we had no trouble at all with them.  I think we are getting some more now and it's hurting her little mouth.  She is gumming on everything again and has been super clingy and irritable today.  Her temperature this evening has been hovering around 101...she took a lukewarm bath (which she LOVED and played like normal), had a 6 oz bottle, and off to bed she went by 7:15...hoping she gets a good night's rest.  I am staying home with her tomorrow just to be on the safe side.  I would have been worrying about her all day if I were to go to work.  Thankfully, I can stay home for the day.
Other than our first fever, Elena has been absolutely fabulous.  Her 9 month appointment back on September 5th was outstanding.  She is growing well and remains healthy.  Dr. Hagan could still hear her heart murmur, but it's nothing we will worry about.  The pediatric cardiologist said it was a mild murmur, so Elena will be fine. She is weighing in at a whopping 17.8 lbs and is 28 inches long.  She still remains on the lower end on weight, but Elena remains healthy, lean, and long.  She is eating all kinds of foods now.  She loves most veggies and fruits.  We have given her some shredded chicken and shredded cheese triangles and for now, she seems to like them.  We are just starting to try out some more solid foods to get her used to chewing a bit more.  Elena loves her Gerber Puffs, which has helped her use her tongue and gums to chew. One thing Elena is not into yet is her sippy cups.  We have tried several different kinds and she just doesn't prefer to use them yet.  We'll keep working on that!

This is a picture we took of Elena a few weeks ago when she turned 9 months old...this was the very FIRST box of diapers Juan and I ever bought Elena with our own money...seriously...we had diapers for 9 months for this kid...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who brought us diapers for her...they truly are the best gift.  I obviously used my $3 off coupon I got in the mail to purchase this large box of Luvs diapers and they work great!




And...here is a video of her "walking" with her diaper box...



More photos and videos from the last few weeks...

 Just trying on my Halloween costume...I'm a lil' monkey!!


Our baby loves to be shirtless...she's one cool baby :)
Eating some puffs...


 Making some music...


 Sesame Street is the best...show...ever
She found mom's good stuff ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment