Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer School: 1 Week Down!

So, Juan and I officially have one week down of summer school and 3 more to go...I'm not complaining one bit because this first week FLEW by.  I am really enjoying what I'm doing this summer...It's great to have something productive getting me out of the house for awhile everyday but getting me home early enough to have some extra time with baby girl or do some things around the house before going to pick her up from the babysitter around 4:30.  I have a feeling that just like every other summer, this one is going to fly by.  I will be tutoring some kids during July, so that is really exciting because I always enjoy getting out to teach for a few hours here and there during the month.  Many of the kids I see only during the summer months, so it is a real fun gig to have each year.
Before summer school started, Elena and I attended the annual Harry Potter Carnival at Hickman High School where Juan works and was a big part of the carnival.  Elena and I walked around while Juan worked.  We had so much fun.  Elena even got her face painted (see pics below)
Other than summer school starting, we have kept the same schedule as always...Elena has turned 18 months and is growing like a weed.  She is talking more and more and Juan and I can't get enough of her.  She has learned to say "butt" which is probably the funniest thing she's said so far...she laughs and says it every time I change her diaper or get her out of the tub to dry her off...I'm hoping to get it on video one of these days.  Last night, while we were playing, Elena pointed to her eyes and my eyes and said "eyes".  I was so proud of her.  Juan came rushing into the room as I was praising her and she showed him her eyes too.  Elena is also holding our hands to bring us together to play where she chooses or to get what she wants. Elena has been spending some more time lately in time out too.  She has been pushing her limits to see if Juan and I will follow through with a time out after telling her to stop whatever it is she is doing that's not safe and then she cries her eyes out every time she has to stand or sit in time out for a minute.  Sometimes it is really hard not to laugh while she's there (I know, horrible, right?!), but she is just such the drama queen.  After her minute, she gives us a kiss and melts into our arms...she's just so sorry, right?!  I mean, seriously, we are just so in love with this girl.  Life is good...


 Our little Harry Potter!



No comments:

Post a Comment