Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2 Months Old!

Being 2 months old really makes me tired at the end of the day!

Elena Elizabeth turned 2 months old yesterday.  She had a great day sleeping in (yes...I did have to wake her up to eat yesterday morning...last night was a COMPLETELY different story, though)...we played a lot yesterday and even watched a few minutes of Baby First TV.  She can really focus on the television while I hold her.  Yesterday the show was playing music while a person drew a picture with lots of colors.  It was neat to watch her eyes move as the artist worked.  I know she enjoyed the bold colors, too.  We also read lots of books.  She really does love books...and I couldn't be happier about that!  We had some down time too and she helped me make some vegetable soup.  All in all, it was a great day.
Elena is able to hold onto some objects now.  She enjoys her multi-colored rings since they are easier to handle.  Tummy time is still great...she is as strong as ever, but after a few minutes, she gets fussy and wants to get up.  We just get on the floor a few times a day for exercise since she can only handle it for a few minutes. Elena loves to suck on her fists and she is even beginning to hold onto her binky at times...this frustrates me when it's time for her to sleep because she'll pull it out of her mouth and then get mad because she doesn't have something to suck on! God forbid she doesn't have that binky to suck on :) Swaddling at night is still helping with this, but most nights she prefers her arms free.
Tummy Time!
Monkey butt!
I needed a rest this afternoon!
Tomorrow Elena goes to the doctor for her two month check-up.  I'll post her information sometime tomorrow...hopefully.  I know she will have to get some shots, so tomorrow may be a bit difficult when we get home.  I know shots can really mess with a child's system, so we'll see how it all goes.  I know I'll have to be super strong holding her tomorrow as the doctor administers the shots...WE WILL MAKE IT!!  :)
Two weeks from today will be my first day back to work.  Sometimes I am just fine with the idea of heading back and other times I want to burst out into tears because I don't want to leave her...it's like going from one extreme to the next.  I know it will all be wonderful once we get a routine going...venturing out into something new can always be hard...especially for someone like me.  I also have to remember that this little girl is only 2 months old and establishing routines is not totally feasible for now.  Again, this is difficult for me!!
Here we go onto month number three...I can't wait for all the new milestones ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment