I turned on my side when mom wasn't looking!
I started out nice and comfy...
Then I just kept sliding down further and further as I fell deeper into sleep!
Close up! I LOVE my binky!
Our little girl is 8 weeks old...can you believe it because we sure can't??!! Elena is just growing and growing and changing with every week that goes by. As of Sunday, she has found her fingers and hands to suck on. It is pretty amazing to see her take her hand and put it to her mouth to suck. She isn't sticking whole fingers in her mouth, just mainly making a fist and bringing it to her mouth to suck. She, of course, still enjoys her binky when it's time to go to sleep or very fussy, but it's good to know she has also found another object to help soothe herself when she's upset. Elena continues to be very alert during her awake time. Today we read 5 books and looked at lots of pictures and she held her focus the entire time! She just LOVES books with bold, bright colors. Her favorite book right now is her Spanish/English Book of Colors...her eyes just open wide when we go through the whole thing...sometimes I'll read it to her several times in a row just to see her eyes light up at the bright pages.
Elena has not been napping much the last few days. She has been wanting to be up and awake to see what's happening around her. This doesn't make for much time to get things done around the house, but we do a lot of talking together, so I guess we're just bonding, huh?! I'm glad I have a baby carrier that allows me to carry Elena around the house while I do some housework...today we made some vegetable soup, vacuumed, together and did some laundry. We were somewhat productive! She even fell asleep for a little bit while I was vacuuming...she just loves it.
I just finally got her down for a bit to take a nap. She loves to be wrapped up and warm, so I have a fleece blanket around her for now...we are only swaddling at bedtime and that has helped her sleep well during the night over the last month...Thanks Tracy for that tip. Mittens, our cat, likes to perch on top of our furniture and watch (or protect) Elena, so as I type this, I continue to peek out into our living room to make sure Mittens doesn't get close to Elena and he, like always, stays put on top of the couch where he can watch her. He's a good big brother...just like Homer ;) Next week Elena will be 2 months old and will have to go to the doctor again for a well visit and some shots. I am not looking forward to it. I also go back to school in 2 weeks...time has really flown. I'll keep everyone posted next week on how Elena and I do at the doctors office...more to come soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment