Wednesday, January 18, 2012

7 Weeks Old!

I can grip some of my toys!
Sleepy girl
I LOVE my swing!!

Our Elena is officially seven weeks old today!  Every Wednesday, I think back to the day Elena was born.  Wednesdays have always been busy days for me.  It seems that there were always meetings, classes, or other errands to run on Wednesdays.  Of course, Elena's due date was on a Wednesday, so we continued the trend of a jammed-packed Wednesday back in November.  Only, that Wednesday was the best ever.  Our bundle of joy came and all has been wonderful ever since.  Juan and I just can't believe how big she is getting.  Elena is smiling and interacting a lot more now than she ever has before.  She makes lots of cooing sounds and is very alert.  We have been reading lots of books and singing our ABCs everyday. I'm so glad she is developing well and pray that it continues forever!
Juan and I also found our babysitter for Elena once I go back to school.  We went to meet Brenda yesterday and she is going to love and care for Elena just as we do.  I am really happy to take her to a person who has so much care for children.  I know it will take some adjustment on all of our parts, but I am just so thankful that we have found someone to trust with Elena. It will be hard to be away from her all day long, but I am looking forward to Elena interacting with others outside our house.  I know it will be SO good for her.  I preach this all the time to parents at school, so now it's my turn to follow my own advice. Only a few more weeks of full time mommy duty at home and then it's back to reality.  We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment