Today is Elena's first St. Patrick's Day and it wouldn't be right if she didn't have a new onesie to celebrate the day! I wasn't able to make it to the store yesterday to get her some shamrock accessories, so her green and pink ensemble will do! This past week I was able to enjoy a nice long week off for spring break and it was absolutely wonderful. The weather was just perfect which made me yearn for summer vacation even more. Words cannot express how thankful I am that Juan is taking over the summer school job this summer so I can stay home with Elena. It will be priceless time for sure.
Since I had this entire past week off, Elena and I just enjoyed our time together. We just hung out on Monday at home doing some housework and then on Tuesday, she had her doctor's appointment to check on that healthy heart of hers. We were also fortunate enough to make a mid-week trip up to St. Louis to visit grandma and grandpa. We also got to have lunch with great grandma and great grandpa. Elena even stopped in to visit her grandma at work at the dentist office. Everyone was so happy to see her in person since all they ever get to see is pictures! It was really great spending some extra time with some of Elena's favorite people. She even got to go for a walk outside with grandpa while she fell asleep on Tuesday night. Thursday was our cleaning day here at home and Elena slept well so I was able to get a few things deep cleaned...like the tubs and toilets...I HATE CLEANING TUBS!! They wear me out...too much work!! Ha! On Friday, Elena met her new friend Wyatt. Jessica, another reading teacher from Jefferson City, was due with her baby the same day as Elena. We enjoyed our pregnancy together! Wyatt was born just a few days before Elena. He came over yesterday and we played for a few hours. He is a big boy!! Their picture together is priceless!! We can't wait to get together more over summer vacation.
Now we are enjoying our last weekend before "normalcy" kicks in again! I have a feeling these next few months are going to fly by for us. I'm not complaining...summer is on the way!
Hi grandpa!
Tummy time with Uncle Bob
Rocking with grandpa
Sitting up very well!
Tummy time is easy with lots to look at!
My new friend, Wyatt! He and I were supposed to be born the same day!
But, he decided to come a few days before me.
Sleeping upside-down on the couch.
Lovely!
I'm ready to PARTY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment