Elena turned 7 months old on June 30th. She has not been interested in taking posed pictures over the last couple months, so this is the best we've got. Like I've said before and I'll say it again...how fast another month has come and gone. Where to the days go? I guess with routined naps, meals, and bedtimes, our hours dwindle quickly. But, all that play time in between is the best part of all! Juan is officially finished with Summer School, so we have a whole month at home as a family. Not many people get this luxury, so we are excited to spend the time with our baby girl. Elena is changing so very much and the way she plays changes so often. She LOVES to crawl around on both Juan and I. She can sit by herself and play with toys for an extended period of time. If her toy basket is close enough, she can pick out a toy from it and play. If it's not close enough to her, she will scoot to it and pull herself up to see what she can find inside. What a big girl! Elena also loves to just stand with help. She enjoys cruising across our coffee table while we hold her steady. We think she just likes to get after the remotes more than anything. If we leave Elena for more than a few minutes alone to play, she is on the move. She has gotten into the dog's bowl already and crawled on the mats where Homer and Mittens sleep. Needless to say, my eyes are on her a little more carefully now! If I have to be in another room, I tend to bring Elena's walker with me and let her roll around. She has gotten really good at meneuvering herself around where she wants to go...she especially likes the kitchen.
As far as Elena's eating habits go, she is doing great. She has been loving every baby food we've given her and can sometimes eat two jars full! She especially loves orange colored vegetables and any kind of fruit we give her. I've been grinding up bananas for her a lot lately and she loves that. Going to try to make some home made carrots this weekend to freeze and have on hand.
Below are some recent photos of Elena...so many changes!! I will post more from our 4th of July BBQ soon.
Elena's Schedule at 7 months:
Awake at 6ish
Eat from 6:30-7ish-Nurse, Cereal, 6oz bottle
Nap 9-11ish
Lunch 11-11:30ish Veggie, Fruit, 6 oz bottle
Nap again around 1-2
Play all afternoon/Errands/4oz bottle
Dinner 5ish Veggie/Meat, Fruit, 6 oz bottle
Bath/Book/sometimes a few bites of cereal/Nurse 7ish
Bed 7:30ish
What, I'm playing here.
My new Tigger toothbrush from Grandma!
Homer enjoying the early morning temps.
Workin' on that sippy cup
Showin' a little skin ;)
Gosh, mom, c'mon, let's get in the pool!
Step 1..pulling up
Step 2..on my knees checking my progress
Step 3..standing up
We found a new toy while getting ready for a bath...she laughs at it every time!
Monkey towel for our monkey!
Picking out toys
Mom got a little nervous about this one!!
July 4th
No comments:
Post a Comment