Other than making baby food, we have just been enjoying our lazy summer days at home. Taking naps, going for walks, sitting in the pool, and just watching some Sesame Street has been the extent of most of our days. We run errands here and there, but not often. Just being at home has been wonderful...we don't get to do that very often, so we are enjoying while we have the time. Juan and I have been taking turns during the day to get out and exercise as well. It has been great to get back into running again. Should be ready for a 5K this fall.
I spent most of this morning straightening the house up and getting one bathroom (except tub) cleaned...the tubs always take me too long and I wasn't in the mood today... ;) I stepped into Elena's room and finally got finished with a project I've been meaning to do for a few weeks now, but have been avoiding it...putting away MORE clothes that don't fit her anymore. While she played with all her toys and crawled all over her room, I cleaned out her drawers and closet and folded up everything that she won't be able to wear anymore once it starts getting cold out again, or just plain doesn't fit her anymore...our girl is getting too big too fast! So many cute clothes never to be worn by her again...total bummer!! We have two tubs full of clothes, socks, hats, receiving blankets, swaddles, etc. that we won't need for Elena anymore! Don't get me wrong, this girl has a closet FULL of beautiful clothes still waiting to be worn. But, some of the sentimental outfits and onesies had to be put away. Just reminds me that we are continually moving on to the next step. Below are pictures of the last few days...the video is right before Elena had dinner, so she is in a fussy mood...all the chomping you hear in the background is Homer having his dinner...Elena wanted to get in on the action, so she is army crawling towards her big brother...
Just me and my friend
Elena loves to play with the plastic bag holder
Milk beard
Carrots!
Applesauce/Apple-banana
Peas
On the move again...I promise mom doesn't let me get rug burn!
Apparently this is the cool way to hold a binkie now...
No comments:
Post a Comment