Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nostalgic...

So, here I am on this Tuesday evening before Thanksgiving with plenty of things I should be doing like some laundry, baking some cookies for an upcoming special 1st birthday, picking up toys, or doing the dishes among other things, but for some reason I just can't seem to bring myself to do anything tonight!  I have been catching up on some shows that I haven't watched in weeks and figured a little blog post was long overdue.  Although I have been trying to keep busy with everything lately, I can't help but be a bit nostalgic this evening as Elena's first birthday approaches.  Last year at this time, today was my "target day" to make it to at school before Elena's birth.  I remember the feeling a year ago of such accomplishment that I had made it to Thanksgiving break without baby girl, although my doctor never thought I was going to make it to my due date.  I am remembering tonight my thoughts a year ago of how I wasn't returning to school until February.  It seemed like everything "got real" the Tuesday before Thanksgiving last year.  Juan and I were not allowed to travel far at this time last year due to Elena's due date being so close, so knowing I was going to be home for the long haul was honestly wonderful.  I am truly looking forward to sharing a first Thanksgiving with Elena.  She is honestly one of the things I am MOST thankful for this year.  God blessed me as a mother with a healthy, beautiful baby girl almost a year ago and for that I will be eternally grateful.  She brings a joy to Juan and I's life that we never knew existed.  It's hard to explain, but the feeling is there.  It almost brings me to tears at times when I think about how much love I have for this little human being.  So, as I sit here tonight getting my feelings down in writing, I can't help but feel a little sad about how fast this past year has gone by and how our baby girl will never be her small little self ever again.  Is it weird to say that I already miss her?  I am looking forward to SO much ahead in her future, but there are so many things that have happened in her short little life so far that I don't want to ever forget!  We love you so very much, Elena Elizabeth, and can't wait for all the many wonderful things to celebrate ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment