Friday, November 30, 2012

Elena is 1!!


 Today marks Elena's first birthday.  At 2:38 this afternoon, Elena will officially be one year old.  Right now, I can picture myself in my hospital room with Juan just laying and watching some It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Friends.  If I remember correctly, by this time, the pitocin had started to kick in, but it's hard to remember time frames...all I know is that once I got that epidural, I was able to rest...and boy, did that feel nice!!  My parents and Juan's parents would come in periodically and check on me, but there was nothing to really report until the nurse said it was time to "have this baby!"  Then, reality set in and our precious baby girl was here.  Time sure did fly this year.  Juan and I are blessed to say that Elena has been healthy and MOSTLY happy :)  She has met all of her little milestones along the way and we are SO excited to watch her meet many more in the coming years.  Today, I stayed home from school to enjoy the day with E. But, at about 8:40 this morning, she just looked at me and said "niiniii" which means "night night" at our house, so I gave her a binkie and she just laid down in her crib.  I haven't heard a peep from her since then...she must have been extra tired!  I guess if napping is what she wants to do on her birthday, then napping it is!  It just gives me a little extra time to get ready for her little birthday party tomorrow and sit here and type a quick blog note.  There is so much I could sit here and type about Elena's first year, but really, I could just go back to each month along the way as I have written this blog to reminisce about our first year together with this girl. I am so happy I have been able to make time this year to write about E growing up...I hope to continue for years to come, but I know it's just going to get busier and busier.  No excuses, though!  I love doing this kind of thing...
Well, here's to Elena...our beautiful baby, Elena.  How did we ever manage without you before you came along?  Life seems so much more joyful, meaningful, and loving since you entered our lives.  There is not an hour that goes by that I don't think about you when I'm away from you.  There is nothing more that your dad and I would rather do than spend hours and hours with you.  Don't ever forget that (especially someday when you don't want to spend time with us :)  We love you to the moon and back, Elena Elizabeth.  Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment