Elena and I decided to spend some of the afternoon on Wednesday at the library. She had never been before and since we didn't have plans for the afternoon, it was a perfect time to go and explore. When we got there, we went straight back to the children's section and I just let her go. She ran straight to the books and started pulling them off the shelves. I had to have a chat with her that we weren't at home and that we needed to pick them up. She helped me get them back where they belonged. I let her pick out a few books to bring home, but the funny thing is, she hasn't wanted to read any of them since we brought them home. Elena definitely has her favorite books, but I am glad we went to the library so she could start expanding her horizons! We did a lot of walking around to check things out and she couldn't have been more excited to spend time surrounded by books. The library even has toys there for her to play with, but she showed very little interest in them. Elena preferred to sit in a chair and look at a book. It just gave me butterflies to see her so excited about books. All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait to get her back to the library to explore again soon!!
Thursday, March 28, 2013
First trip to the library!
Elena and I decided to spend some of the afternoon on Wednesday at the library. She had never been before and since we didn't have plans for the afternoon, it was a perfect time to go and explore. When we got there, we went straight back to the children's section and I just let her go. She ran straight to the books and started pulling them off the shelves. I had to have a chat with her that we weren't at home and that we needed to pick them up. She helped me get them back where they belonged. I let her pick out a few books to bring home, but the funny thing is, she hasn't wanted to read any of them since we brought them home. Elena definitely has her favorite books, but I am glad we went to the library so she could start expanding her horizons! We did a lot of walking around to check things out and she couldn't have been more excited to spend time surrounded by books. The library even has toys there for her to play with, but she showed very little interest in them. Elena preferred to sit in a chair and look at a book. It just gave me butterflies to see her so excited about books. All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait to get her back to the library to explore again soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment