Juan and I are just SO happy right now because we are officially off work for a whole week. We had all these intentions of getting outside, opening the windows and airing the house out, cleaning this and that...but that has all come to a halt now that we have 7+ inches of snow on the ground as of right now and there is no sign of it letting up anytime soon. It is a blustery cold mess outside and I don't want anything to do with it! Sure, we will take Elena out in it to play at some point, but for now, we are just cozy in our warm home...again...what a start to spring break, huh? This has never happened! I remember thinking that I was glad spring break was late this year so that we would have warmer weather...ooops.
Unfortunately, Elena has a cold, so we won't keep her outside for long, but she just LOVES being outside and running up and down the driveway...we will be sure to bundle her up well to enjoy what we hope is the last snowfall of the season. Elena was up at 3:30 this morning and just didn't feel well. I went in to check on her and she had a full diaper and her jammies were soaked...I felt so sorry for her. We got her all changed and in dry clothes, got her a warm drink and she came to sleep in bed with mom and dad. She quickly drank her milk and off to sleep she went...I must admit...it was super sweet to have an extra snuggle buddy in bed for the remainder of the night. She has been crabby today, so I am very happy that she went down for a nap without hesitation...she needs some rest.
Other than this cold, Elena has been doing great. She went to the doctor earlier this month for her 15, yes, 15 month check up and she is progressing just fine. She is still in the 25th percentile on weight (only 20.7 lbs), but everything else is right on...I think she's just going to continue to be our little "long and lean" flea. I feel like she is starting to really fill out, though...she seems to be getting "denser" if that makes sense...I can feel it when I pick her up. Elena is starting to expand her tastes and we try to offer her foods that we eat. Sometimes she will take a bite, but quite often she refuses. Our child is very picky when it comes to textures. It still baffles me that she loves home made peas and carrots in baby food form, but if I offer her an actual pea or a piece of a cooked carrot, she throws it on the floor. She does the same with bananas. Her favorite food continues to be cheese. She will NEVER refuse some cheese. Lately, she has been getting into peanut butter sandwiches...I have been enjoying this...finally another source of protein! Elena has eaten chicken nuggets a few times, but as of late, she doesn't want them anymore. She is just so fickle with her food choices. There hasn't really been any fruit Elena will eat that's not in baby food form...we continue to offer it to her, but she just doesn't take it...I have been trying to be as patient as possible, but I just wish she would eat a gosh darn piece of fruit!! Applesauce is her favorite, but she will eat almost any kind of baby food fruit...I guess I would too...it's SO good!
Elena is doing so great at the babysitter's. Brenda lets me know everyday that she is beginning to play well with the kids...I am really glad that I can take Elena to Brenda's so she can play with the other kids and learn interaction. Last week, Elena had to go to time out for trying to take toys from her very good friend, Jude. She screamed in his face when he wouldn't give her the toy guitar, so Elena had to sit out for awhile...let me tell you, she wasn't happy. Ha! I thank God everyday that we have a safe and fun place to take Elena while Juan and I are at school.
Well, onto a week off we go...hoping for a nice week so we can get out and get some things done that we have been needing to get done for awhile now...Elena will also be celebrating her 16 month mark on Saturday...where is the time going?!
Helping Daddy grade papers
I'm a big girl, so I need a big girl piece of pizza
Just your typical Monday night...seriously.
I guess she thought Homer was hungry.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Sorting twist ties
Good Morning! Cheerios and Super Why it is...
Watching videos on the iPad with daddy
Trying to fix her toy
No comments:
Post a Comment