Sunday, July 24, 2011

July Belly

Well, Elena continues to grow each month and so does my belly.  I am really starting to feel the growth now!  My stomach is starting to poke out further and further, it's getting very firm, and I have found that stretch capris are now my best clothing friend.  They are SO comfortable!  I can't believe in less than a month I have to start actually looking nice again, including wearing make-up, each day for school. Thank goodness for my cousin and her tubs and tubs of maternity clothes full of things I'll soon be wearing...it will really help me ease into having to wear "school-worthy" clothes yet again.  As you can see in my photo above, on these lazy summer days, the hair goes up and make-up is sparse.  I LOVE summer!!
I have been feeling Elena moving several times a day.  She was most active in the evenings for awhile, but now she's not on any kind of schedule.  I just get a jab every now and then.  We've been reading to her and I know Juan's hoping to turn her into a Harry Potter fan right away. I wouldn't mind...they are amazing books!
I've also realized that when I'm on the floor playing with the pets that it's not so easy to get back up right away.  I have to be more careful with my movements.  I have to remind myself of this everyday! I'm not used to not being able to shoot right back up after playing on the floor.
My sleep habits have gotten weirder as well.  I REALLY miss sleeping on my stomach, but sleeping on my sides has become an OK alternative.  I haven't slept through the night in a VERY long time due to my bladder waking me up at least ever 2-3 hours.  I suppose it's my body's way of getting me ready for what's to come, huh?!!
Well, the next doctor's appointment isn't until the middle of August, but it will just be a typical visit to check on the heartbeat and that my growth is progressing normally.  I know I'm gaining weight now, but it's all for that baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment