It's been awhile since my last post, but my days have been jammed packed with school, tutoring, and Juan and I thinking about baby! I try to get to bed at a reasonable time, too, so I'm not a zombie when I wake up in the mornings. I can't complain too much, though, because things have continued to go well. Elena is growing just fine according to the doctor and she's moving around all the time. Sometimes her acrobatics freak me out a bit, but then she calms down and just gives me a poke to remind me she just needed to change positions. Love her so much!
So, onto "the drink". I went to the doctor on September 6th for my monthly checkup and had to have my blood drawn after drinking the glucose drink. I was thinking it was going to be this nasty, terrible liquid that I was going to have to hold my nose to get down. But, I just put a straw into the bottle and got going fast. It wasn't that bad tasting at all...just SUPER sweet. It tasted like flat Sprite as I had lemon-lime flavor. I got it down easily and headed to the doctor's office. They took my blood and checked everything else that is baby and then off to school I went. I didn't have any worries.
Two days later I got a call from my doctor's office that I needed to come back to do another glucose test...a 3 HOUR glucose test because my numbers were elevated a bit. Needless to say, I was not a happy person to hear that I was going to have to do this. I think I just wanted to keep this clean slate that I've had all pregnancy of no major issues and now I have to go back for more glucose testing. The doctor reassured me this happens quite often and I shouldn't get myself too alarmed. She made me feel better about having to come back...now my only issue is that I have to take a half day off school to go do this! I'm trying to save up as many days as possible right now, people!!
Anyway, that's where we are right now. I'll be going back this coming week to do this test. Please pray that all numbers come back the way they're supposed to. Baby girl has been doing so good so far, I want to keep this going! September belly picture will be coming soon among others, I'm sure. We're about 2 1/2 months away from meeting this precious girl and I am getting more and more excited by the day. Week 30 here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment