Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day with our new little family we have this year.  What a great day it was.  Juan got some great food and was able to rest and relax most of the day before heading back for another week of summer school!  Juan's mom and dad came by to see us for awhile and give Juan a present he's been needing for a long time...new razor heads for his electric razor!!  They can be super expensive, so Juan just wanted something he will be able to use for months and months to come.  Elena and I gave him some of his favorite little things...Avengers poster, a framed picture that Elena made just for him, Uncrustables, and a few other little things to brighten daddy's day.  All in all, it's been an amazing month of celebrating mom and dad.  Just a few weeks left and the Diaz Family has a month at home all together.  Ahhh, the perks of being a teaching family.  We may not be the richest on earth, but we are definitely some of the happiest!! 
Elena and I have been staying busy while home this month.  I must admit, even though this month is half way over, it is still difficult to believe that I have been home during June.  Usually this is my busiest month of the year tutoring children almost everyday while teaching summer school as well.  My how things change!!  It has truly been the experience of a lifetime to be home with my little one.  She will never be this little ever again and being able to cherish each day with her is the greatest gift.  Juan and I talk all the time about how much we miss our little newborn.  We look back on those first few weeks/months and what a blur.  Looking at pictures/videos of Elena from the beginning just makes our hearts melt.  She is an unbelievable gift God has given us and each day we are thankful for her health and being able to provide for her. We are now moving into a VERY fun stage with Elena.  She will be 7 months old in a little over a week and we have a mover on our hands!  She scoots around everywhere and prefers to scoot right up to the area in front of our fireplace.  I will have to quickly teach her the word NO soon because she will hurt herself if she bumps her head on that stone!!  I know it will happen at some point or another, but for now, I'd like to keep her away from that area!! 
Elena is eating lots of baby food now too.  She has LOVED every fruit, vegetable, and chicken that we have given her. Sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet potato chicken, vegetable chicken, and applesauce have all been good foods to start with.  We will be starting some green vegetables in the days to come.  I have even mashed up bananas in her cereal in the mornings and she has liked that too.  Elena is still taking several bottles throughout the day, so hopefully she will start plumping up soon.  I know this girl likes to eat, now we just have to make sure she is getting enough!!  I have also given Elena a sippy cup to play around with.  I put just a little bit of water in it to see if she can learn how to use the cup.  It's taken several tries, but today she actually finished all of the water I put in it.  I fill it up 1/4 of the way and just let her go.  I know she prefers her bottle since that's what she knows, but we want the transition to real cups to be easier down the road.
Besides food, Elena has been busy just playing here at home with her toys, in the pool, and laughing at her pets, taking good naps, and sleeping through the night in her crib all by herself.  We even made it down to Jefferson City last week to spend a morning at the park with some friends...pictures below!  It's been a terrific June and I know the weeks are just going to get better and better!!
 Sweet Potatoes!!




 Elena with all her cousins!
 Grandpa and Elena
 Swings!

 Just scootin' around
 Wyatt was partied out..Elena and Porter going strong!
 Just waiting on mom to get in the pool!!
 I'll just read in the meantime.
 Hmmm...what could be behind this door?

 Happy Father's Day!!

 Love my daddy.

This is how our cat, Mittens spends his summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment