On this quiet Saturday morning, I sit here with the window open and warm breeze coming through. Elena is asleep for her morning nap, which has been her routine now for a few weeks. It is extremely comforting knowing that she has found a schedule that works for her little body. Mom is happy too ;) As Elena and I went out this morning for our usual mile walk around our neighborhood, I couldn't help but remind myself how bittersweet all of this is...the summer life...Being able to wake up everyday to Elena as my alarm clock...not a radio. Being able to go out for a walk and talk with my girl has been one of the most wonderful parts of my day. Being able to get her on a schedule that keeps her happy and healthy is a goal that has been met...for now ;) All of the little things that happen during our day makes me realize how awesome it has been to stay home with Elena. It does sadden me to know that this will only be able to happen for just about 7 more weeks, but I try not to dwell on that. It just makes me realize how much I cherish the here and now. I know when it comes time to head back to school, I will be VERY excited. I love my job. I know Elena loves being out with the kids at the babysitter's too. But, nothing is better than the bonding we have been able to do over this last month that I've been able to stay home with her. For some reason I feel like she has officially become a real person now, not just a newborn that eats, sleeps, and poops her way through each day. Sure she still does all of these things, but SO much more. Maybe this is why I think it will be even tougher for me to get back into the routines of regular life once it's time for school again compared to when I went back after maternity leave. Who knows. When the time comes, I will suck it up and remember that Elena is growing and isn't stopping anytime soon. This means I keep on going and growing as well as a parent. This journey as parents so far can't be summed up in a better word than this one: love. It almost brings me to tears sometimes when I think about how much I love this girl. Juan and I marvel at her everyday and just hope we are doing everything right...even though we know there is no way we can. Elena, we love you to the moon and back.
Here are some pictures from the last week or so...and a new video of Elena trying peas for the first time...as you have been able to tell from the summer pics over the last few weeks, she likes to hang out in her diaper a lot. Shirt is optional for now. ;) Enjoy!
She is scooting everywhere!
Homer is loving the air conditioning!! LOVE HIM!!!
Just walkin' around
Enjoying the water bottle.
Hmmm...how does this thing work? ;)
And, I'll have a glass of mom's cheap wine, please.
Attempting to get on her knees...then she quickly fell to her belly...she's almost there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment