Elena and I went to see Dr. Hagan this morning for her 6 month well baby check up. Elena is doing great. I was so pleased to hear that she is right on track for where she needs to be. She is weighing 15.4 lbs (45th percentile) these days and is 26.5 inches tall (75th percentile). Dr. Hagan said she can be eating a little more everyday, which means we need to fit in one more extra bottle (6oz) each day to get her to about 30oz of formula/breastmilk. We will continue with iron supplement drops to keep her healthy too. She is getting a little bit of a belly, but Dr. Hagan said he'd like to see it fill out a little more :) We also got the go ahead for any and all baby foods. We are SO excited about this. I am going to start out buying some at the store and maybe next week when I have a little more time I will study up on making some baby food here at home. We cannot wait to see the awesome faces she will be making after introducing each food. We were told to try one food for a few days to be sure it digests well in her body. So far, this girl has had no trouble with any kind of food, so it will be very interesting to see which foods she ends up not liking. What an adventure we have ahead of us now!! Elena also got three shots today and she did cry this time right away when the nurse stuck her. She got two shots in one thigh and one shot in the other. The nurses at the office are so great, though, because they do the shots so fast and it's over...I'm so thankful for that. Elena cried one of those cries where she didn't take a breath for a few seconds, but then she let out that big cry after that long breath and she was done. No more crying since then. I took the bandaids off when we got home and she went right to sleep in her crib for a nap. I did have some shopping to do after the appointment, but baby nap and lunch comes first!! Maybe we'll venture out this afternoon. We do have a prescription to fill...
Elena has thrush. I didn't even notice it, but when Dr. Hagan showed me in her mouth, it made total sense. I guess I never thought much of it since it looks just like milk and after she eats is really the only time I study her mouth. I feel around for teeth often and rub her gums to "brush" her mouth, but never noticed the thrush. Elena also has had some diaper rash for awhile now and Dr. Hagan said that the rash and thrush can go hand in hand. So, he gave us a prescription for meds in her mouth and diaper rash. Hopefully it will be gone in two weeks. None of this has ever bothered Elena, so that's the great news.
All in all, Elena is growing to be a healthy, happy baby. We go back to the doctor in 6 weeks to check Elena's weight and then we won't see Dr. Hagan until September for a 9 month check up. I can't believe it! What a great summer it's going to be full of happy changes for our baby girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment