This week marks week 32 for baby girl. We made it to the doctor again this morning for a quick check up! I'm still at a healthy weight and Elena is measuring on target and has a healthy heartbeat. I asked the doctor today if she could tell what position the baby is in and Dr. Boulicault really dug into my stomach to check on how she was laying. Great news was that Elena's head was down where it needed to be meaning all those pokes and large bulges coming out my side are her little butt and legs. She really does like to remind me that she's in there ALL THE TIME. Having to count kicks has never been a problem for us! I have found that the right side of my back gets a pain sometimes and I feel like it's due to her sitting on my right side most often, making it heavier, meaning I'm leaning in ways I wasn't before. I have to change positions often whether I'm sitting, laying down, or standing. It seems like I need to be in motion more than still. I shouldn't complain, though. I need to keep moving! I have not had any swelling...yet. I hope that phase stays away for awhile.
Juan reminded me last night before we fell asleep that this is the last month of "just the 2 of us". When he said this, it really hit me that we are going to be a family. I mean, I knew the day we found out I was pregnant that we were going to be a family of three, but it is getting all too real now. In less than two months, we'll be a mom and dad taking care of something bigger and more wonderful than either of us can ever understand at this point. We get more and more excited each day.
I also had my first baby shower on Monday, October 3rd with the JC reading teachers. I feel so blessed to work with such caring people. I don't think I'll ever be able to say thank you enough for the gifts and kind words. Elena is already spoiled!!
Week 33...here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment