Saturday, October 29, 2011

One month to go!

Here we are...October 29, 2011...Exactly ONE month until baby Elena is due.  Will she be early?  Will she be late?  Or...will she make her grand entrance on time?  I'm sure everyone has their predictions.  What's mine?  I just think she'll be a November baby...I have no hunch on early or late.  Juan definitely thinks she'll be here to see us earlier than expected.  He's been right about her all along, so she'll probably come early just to see her daddy.  I have been feeling good, just rather large and a bit lethargic lately.  Strangers that I see at the stores are asking me how much longer I have to go and when I tell them about a month, I usually get a gasp of, "Wow, you look wonderful for only having one month to go" or "When I had only about a month to go, I was a swelled up mess!"  or "You just look like you have a basketball hiding under your shirt!"  I have taken all of these as a compliment.  I am not swollen, YET, which has been wonderful.  I have put on the lbs, but nothing that the doctor has made any comment about, so all has been OK in that department too.  We go to the doctor again on Tuesday for a check up.  Then, it's on to WEEKLY appointments until her arrival.  I just can't believe we've made it here already.  In March when we read the pregnancy test, November seemed so far away and here we are.  It's been one hell of a journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The feeling of a human being moving around in my belly has been nothing short of a miracle.  It's amazing what the human body can do...and I know I'll learn that even more in just a few more weeks when I have to deliver!  Attached is my October belly picture...no makeup, but it will do ;)  My November picture will hopefully be the one I get Juan to take before we head to the hospital...I hope I can get one...even if it is in the middle of the night and I look like ****.  :) Keep checking back for updates as I will do my best to post when I can after we see the doctor over the next few weeks.  Looking forward to a final baby shower tomorrow and to put the finishing touches on all of our baby stuff around the house.  Thank you for all the prayers and just continue praying that Elena comes to us a healthy and happy baby girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment