Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween everyone!!  We had a great Halloween night full of trick or treaters.  We, as usual, ran out of candy.  I had to turn our light off a little after 8:00.  Bummer.  The pictures above are of Homer with his wizard hat on and me giving it a try as well.  When I saw the picture of me, I realized how huge I was!  Geez!  Good thing I was back and forth all night handing out candy to get my exercise.  It was fun to think that next year we'll have our own little one to dress up.  We can't wait!
Juan and I had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday, November 1st.  The doctor checked Elena's heartbeat and it sounded strong.  Dr. Boulicault checked to see if she was still head down and she definitely is!  She's been like that for awhile now.  The doctor also checked me to see if I was dialated at all and it turns out I'm 1 cm!  I know this can mean that she's on her way or I may stay at 1cm for weeks.  I guess since this is my first pregnancy, we'll just have to sit back and wait to see what Elena wants to do.  I don't know if she's going to want to wait all the way until the 29th!  I haven't felt any contractions yet, so I'm just enjoying my last month of pregnancy.  What a journey it's been.
Tonight, Juan and I put together our bouncer/swing combo.  It was so comforting to put it together.  Just knowing we're in the home stretch is exciting.  I absolutely love the swing and can't wait to put baby girl in for a ride.  It plays music and everything!  I'm in love already.  I hope she loves the swing because I want her to spend lots of time in it...apparently when I was a baby, I LOVED the swing, so hopefully mom will rub off on daughter.
So, here we are at week 36...I wonder how many more she'll spend in my belly.  I am really going to miss having her in there.  It's been just the coolest experience.  Having her to hold in our arms will be a dream come true for both Juan and I.  We'll be sure to keep you posted on any progress...back to the doctor on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment