Juan and I spent our Saturday learning all about childbirth and how to care for a newborn. It was a class that lasted all day (9am-5pm), but we got some good information out of the class. For me, one of the greatest parts was being able to go visit Labor and Delivery as well as post-pardum. Knowing what the rooms looked like and what to expect when delievering the baby helped me become more informed about the whole process and a bit more relaxed. I know it's going to be an uncomfortable experience, but being "in the know" about what will happen makes me feel more comfortable about everything. Just being there made me realize how I just cannot wait for our bundle of joy to come. There is going to be a lot of crying when she gets here! I don't know how Juan and I are going to be able to control ourselves. She is going to be SO loved. At the end of our class yesterday, we watched an awesome video on how to help your baby stop crying. Juan and I absolutely loved this part of the day. We got VALUABLE information about what your baby needs and how to meet its needs when the baby is unhappy. The 5 S's are sure to help your baby calm down: swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging, and sucking. We have our handout on the refridgerator for future reference!
No comments:
Post a Comment