So, here I am at home on maternity leave with no child to take care of yet! I can't believe it. I really did think she would be here by now knowing how much things had progressed over the last few weeks. I can't say that I'm complaining too much because it has been nice this morning cleaning a few things up and enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. Elena is moving around a lot this morning, so I'm wondering if she's getting herself ready for a grand entrance anytime soon. Only time will tell. Juan made his way back to school this morning and I'm glad he was able to go back today since it's the first day back after a long holiday weekend. Having to start off with a substitute can be hard not only on the kids, but the teacher too! I know he's super anxious about the baby's arrival just as I am. It's so hard now since she could be here ANYTIME!!
Last night was the first night I had some trouble sleeping. My stomach felt like a huge solid basketball throughout the night. That is what kept me up so much. Moving positions didn't help, so I got up a few times to walk around or check my e-mail since I had to sit up to do that. I feel like I tossed and turned from side to side (because those are the only 2 positions I can sleep in now) all night. I think I saw every hour on the clock. I don't feel tired today, but I think it's because I didn't have to get up and be somewhere at a specific time. I could just relax in bed for awhile.
I'm going to go enjoy the rest of the day getting little things done here and there, but more than anything, I want this baby girl here healthy and safely so mom and dad can cuddle on her forever!! We'll be sure to keep you posted with any new happenings! 1 DAY TO GO!
No comments:
Post a Comment