Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here is my last November picture chronicaling my pregnancy since month 1! Sorry for the "no makeup picture", but it was late and we had just finished dinner... It's hard to believe that we're here at month 9 already, but here we are! As of today, Juan and I are just patiently waiting for Ms. Elena to arrive. She is not due for a few more days, but we are so anxious to meet her. Because she can come at anytime, Juan and I stayed put for Thanksgiving and had our own little feast last night here at home, just us. It was quite nice. Because neither one of us really knows how to make a turkey, and we didn't even want to entertain the idea because Elena could come whenever, we decided the next best thing would be our favorite deli meat brand of turkey-Boar's Head. Let me tell you, it was SO delicious. We hadn't had it in a very long time...it's rather expensive stuff, but when you want the best, you gotta pay the price. We brought it home, warmed it up, and had that along with all the regular Thanksgiving sides-stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, and of course sparkling apple juice. It will definitely be a Thanksgiving to remember.
Juan and I have also been taking advantage of naps the last few days too. Since we've been off school since Wednesday, we've made it a point to take a nap each afternoon. I've heard from so many people to get lots of rest now, and it has felt good to be able to take advantage. We've been getting lots of little things done around the house too-decluttering this and that, making sure we're ready to go at a moment's notice. My mom and dad are going to come this weekend to bring a rocking chair for Elena's room. We are really looking forward to having it next to her crib to sleep or read books. We just love that her room is a mixture of old and new...the rocking chair was the chair my mom used when I was a baby...hope to pass it down to Elena one day too.
Well, I'm staying home for the rest of the day...no shopping for this mommy...I'm totally intrigued by all the people who actually go out shopping on this day, but it's never been for me! I'm sure I'll find something else around here to organize or declutter...more nesting, huh?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment